Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I only have a few minutes...

So, as time is getting more and more limited in my life, I only have a few minutes to update my blog. I know that you guys are just bursting with excitement, right? Okay, I'll just pretend you are.

It is getting hotter and hotter in the south and we are feeling it! The kids are getting cabin fever by not being able to spend a lot of time outdoors. We can be outside for only 10 minutes and we are dripping sweat. If you are not from the south (Lisa) then you don't realize that the south has a very humid heat, it takes your breath away. It is very dangerous to work in as well.

My husband is an air conditioning service technician and he is accustomed to working in the heat, but I don't think he was prepared for his day on Friday. He was changing out an old unit for a new one and was having to work in an attic. The temp in the attic was roughly 150 degrees. He got dehydrated and was really starting to get me worried. By the time he got home (at 10 pm) I made him strip his wet clothes (from sweat) and dry off. I pumped him full of fluids and made him go to bed. I hate days like that. I get scared that he could die of heat stroke. Ironically, his safety meeting at work this week was on heat stroke. He is fine, but seeing as how the summer just got started, I have another 3 months of worrying about him working in the heat.

The kids and I pushed the chicken pen back about 4 feet to give the girls some grass to munch on. They acted like they had won the grass lottery. It was so funny to watch them scratch like they had never laid eyes on grass before. We were only out in the yard about 30 minutes and had to come in because we were drenched in sweat. The gnats are getting bad here as well. Another not so favorite thing about Summertime in the south.

The garden is doing good. We have picked 25 cucumbers, 3 very small tomatoes(I don't know why they turned red when they were so small),8 zucchini, 2 bell peppers,2 squash, 2 colanders full of green beans and a couple of hand fulls of sugar snap peas.

I pulled up the sugar snap peas because they just weren't doing good. The Turnips got pulled up as well. They were eaten by bugs very badly and they were horrible looking. So, why waste the space in the garden when I can plant something else. I am trying not to get down about the fact that my squash isn't producing like I want them to. I am trying my hand at being patient for once in my life. We'll see how that goes for me... hehe.

Okay, so as of right now, my life seems pretty boring but trust me I have a lot more going on in my life but choose not to post about it. I just don't want to be the blogging downer. Don't worry, it is fine. I am fine.

A big ole' ANYWAY!!! I am so excited about the new blogs that I have found to read lately. You should really see the list of them, it's getting longer and longer everyday. I love taking a few minutes...alright, hours (when I can) reading all of them. I love the fact that like a book, I can get caught up in the story. And, it's almost like getting letters in the mail everyday from those far away friends.

So, I leave you today because I fed my children popcorn for dinner last night and I don't think I can get away with that 2 nights in a row. So I must go BBQ some pork chops, yummy. Until next time my friends...

Bless ya'll,
Jamie

No comments: