Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have to say, that I am one happy camper right now. School started back for the kids yesterday and with only one hiccup in the day... I'd say it was so very nice to have the day to myself again.

What's the hiccup you ask? Well, it a funny story actually. I did the good mommy routine of taking my kids to school on their first day and walking them to class. I got home and was looking through my closet to try and piece together a rockin' outfit to wear this weekend to my 15 year high school reunion (UGH 15 years, I am getting old!) and found that I truly didn't have a thing to wear. It doesn't help that I am a stay at home (farmer)mom, so I got the wild hair to go shopping... cause that's how I roll, all flybytheseatofmypants and all... and did I mention that I had my days to myself again! So, off I went. I got to "town" and went store to store until I found something that would work, and really ended up with two outfits. (I should say that I am now known as the old crazy lady that kept them all in stitches in the clothing store and tried on practically everything in there, and only bought a shirt...yeah, the saleslady thought she was going to get a HUGE sale, but In YOUR FACE, I don't operate like that! and, Big Daddy would kill me.) Yes, I did say that I found two outfits, I found a dress and some dress pants to go with said shirt at the...gasp~ Dollar Store! WHAT?

Anywho, So, I rushed home with only about 20 minutes to spare before the crumb snatchers would be getting off the bus. Called my bestie and was talking to her while I waited ever so patiently on the front porch in the Georgia heat for the kids. As we were talking, I noticed that the time kept on ticking away, and yet there weren't any kids. I was getting nervous, but figured that it was the first day of school and all. Maybe there were some new students on the bus and the bus driver was trying to get used to the new route...so I waited, and waited and waited.

Finally, my neighbor pulls up across the street and I yell out to her to ask if she has seen the bus anywhere around. To which she replied...."Honey, it's not time for the bus yet." WHAT? This lady has lost her eva-lovin' mind. Of course it is time for the bus, it's past time actually. The bus dropped the kids off last year promptly at 2:40 and it is pushing 3:15 at this point. So, after a couple of "you're so stupid" type of looks shot her way, she proceeds to tell me...wait for it.... that the school has changed it's hours this year and the kids don't get released from school until 2:55! Because our schools are only going 170 days this year and not the usual 180. Again, WHAT??? When were they going to tell me this?

Still on the phone at this point with the bestie, she suggests that I look it up in the student handbook, so I did. Only to say "I'llbedanged", you mean I get a whole extra hour to myself everyday this year??? Say it ain't so! YEE HAW!!!

I really love our schools this year! And, yes it's because I get a little bit of my sanity back.

Bless y'all,
Jamie

2 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Lucky you...we start earlier this year and get out earlier in the day. But school doesnt end until the mother lovin second week of June.

The Laundry Goddess said...

I am on..i am on!! boom shack a lacka..hiccup! LOL