Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Seriously? I can walk straight and I will prove it, just not today...

So, as I have said my son will be playing football this year. Last night he had his "evaluations" to see what he can do. Basically, all of the 5-6 year olds get on the field and all of the coaches have their little clip boards in hand and run them through drills to see how they tackle, etc...

We get there a little early, (cause that's how I roll) and let me tell ya'... it was hot as Boo out there. We walked to the other side of the field where there was the only set of bleachers out there, cause I am new at this and didn't think to bring my big butt a chair to sit in. (Which, I was also the only mommy that brought their son in full-on football gear too. Complete with helmet and pads..whatever!)

There was an older group doing their evals at that time, so they told us to hang tight and they would call us when they were ready. So, I sat my happy butt down on the bleachers for a few minutes. It gave my son time to run around like a demon spawn on crack while making all kinds of new "friends".

I just so happened to see a rather large group of youngins' on the opposite side of the field, walking onto the field with all kinds of engery... It could only be my son's group... so I yelled to him, (again, 'cause that's how I roll)that he needed to get his little fanny out there on that field and show 'em what he could do. He didn't see where I was pointing, 'cause that's how HE rolls...but I digress. I had to get up and walk out there on the field with him to take him to his group and when I stood up, I hit my danged pinky toe on my right foot on the stupid bleachers. I kept walking, 'cause this is NOTHING new for me to do, and just looked down at it with the "yup, that hurt but can't stop right now" thought.

When I got back to the bleachers and sat down, I saw it! I had ripped my danged toe nail off and it was hanging by a thread. OUCH! Son-of-a...!!! I called my mom at that point, not that I was hurting that bad and wanted my mommy but because she was to be there at any minute with my nephew for his evals and I wanted a bandaid.

So, football evals done we get home feed the spawn and get them bathed and in the bed and by this time, my foot feels like I could just cut the whole danged thing off and not have another worry. It hurt! I took off the bandaid to look at it and it was already purple and gross. I had not only dismembered my toe nail, but also broke the stupid toe. I swear, you can't take me anywhere.

Now, as stupid as that sounds, I am more peeved that I broke the toe, because I am afraid that I can't wear my kick boo-tay shoes to my high school reunion this Saturday night. But, me thinks that I am just gonna suck it up and wear them anyway... yup, 'cause they are THAT kick boo-tay!!!...and once again- 'cause that's how I roll!

PS- I am thinking of filing a Workman's comp. claim, 'cause technically it was done while working... cause I am a stay at home mommy and I was technically doing mommy duties. I wonder if I will get approved? HMMM, I'll let ya know how that one turns out.

PPS- There had better not be any high school type drama crap Saturday night either! Thank God that Big Daddy keeps some bail money set aside for me!

PPPS- Just warning ya, I WILL cut someone from A**hole to appetite...nah, not really- but I sounded tough... didn't I?

Bless Y'all,
Jamie

No comments: