Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A night at the movies, makes for one determined wife and mother.

There have been a lot of things going on within the last few weeks. Some better than others, and still others are just yet another pothole in the road of life. I am a believer of all things happen for a reason, but those trying times make me wonder what in the world did I do to this earth to make it hate me so much. The other times, the good times, I take such great pride in what is going on in my life. I never took the time to give the thanks to the right place.

My husband and I went to the movies last night with some friends. We saw the movie Fireproof. It wasn't until then that I figured out why my life was unhappy and unfufilled. I haven't been giving God the proper accredidation for everything in my life. Good or bad, they are all there to teach me as I go along, and place me on the right path on this earth. What path that may be, I don't know yet, only God knows, and he isn't telling me just yet.

What a wonderful God we have. He, above all people and things in life, loves me and you without prejudice... forever! Wow!! That kind of love DOES NOT happen everyday. There is truly only one person that will ever love me, or you that much. We can strive to give and receive love of that magnitude, but never acheive it. Only one being will give you that much out of life and ask for only your love in return.

We came home from the movie, and it was late so we went on to bed. Today however, we discussed what we thought about the movie and talked for a while about what kind of marriage we both wanted. It was wonderful to know that we both wanted (roughly) the same things in our marriage. There were only minor differences. Those, we intend on working on the hardest. Those differences are the ones that will fester and boil over into a whole new problem. We both agreed that we will work together to make our marriage... Fireproof, unshakable, and unbreakable. I really want my husband to be honored to call me his wife, not obligated to. And, vice versa. The same goes for my children. I want them to feel honored to call me thier mother, not just another person that lives in the same house.

So, that is what is going on with me and my family. I hope to be able to let you all know of our progress soon. We are not going to rush this at all. We are going to take this one day at a time. I love all of you, and thanks for reading and supporting me on my journey of faith.

No comments: