Total Pageviews

Monday, November 17, 2008

Praying for a friend...

I have a friend. One that I had gone to school with for middle and high school. After we graduated, we went about our own lives, getting married, having children. You know, just life. During the last few years, we have had some communication with each other. The typical "Oh how your children have grown." type thing. Well, within the last several months, I have really come to grow in my own life, and have done so with the help of this friend. She is such a great inspiration to me.

She has gone through so much for such a young age, more than anyone else that I know. In going through all of this, she never led her own path, she ALWAYS let God lead her. That is such a big thing to me. Such a big thing. I have asked her, how she can go through the constant trials and never doubt God's will. She simply states, it is his will, his plan, his timing. It is crazy for me to try to tell God how to do His job. She is so right.

I am so guilty of trying to do things my way, and tell myself that I shouldn't bother Him with this little thing, or that. That is why He is here for us. We need to lean on Him during the bad and praise him during the bad, along with the good times as well. We all too often let the days go by without really thanking Him for all of the things in our lives. We need to be grateful that we get to wake up and experience all that life has to offer, good and bad.

So, I got the feeling that something wasn't right with my frend, so I e-mailed her. She answered back a few hours later...My feelings were right. She was in the hospital. She had a heart attack and didn't know it. At 31 years old, a single mother, a pre-school teacher, and no health insurance. I immediatley told my husband that I needed to go to the hospital to see her, he read her message and said to me, "Go now!" To be honest with you, I only skimmed the message, after reading the opening line..." I am in the hospital, I had a heart attack" I only skimmed from that point on. I got to the hospital last night right at 8:00 pm, just at the end of visiting hours, but they let us in anyway... I took another friend with me. We went in the room, and she giggled. Wheww! She was in awe that I came to see her. She was waiting on me to message her back... how funny. In all of this, she is still. Still in God's arms and in his plan. That just blows my mind!! She knows that He will take her to where she needs to be. Again, his will, his plan, his timing. What a great servant she is. An absolute inspiration to me.

We sat there while she told us what had happened. I was amazed that they don't know how this could have happened to her, the fact that she didn't know she had a heart attack, and what they plan on doing next. The doctors told her that it had to have happened about 3 weeks ago. She can't remember having any symptoms 3 weeks ago, other than a bad headache. She is scheduled to have a heart catherization this afternoon at 3 pm. I will be praying for her. I pray for her children. I pray for God's will, his plan, his timing.

Please, if you feel the calling, lift her up today. I will attatch a link (if I can figure out how to do that) to her blog. Read it for yourself and you will see just how inspiring she can be. http://www.mycrazylife-mommy2alj.blogspot.com/

God bless,
Jamie

No comments: