Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trying to find my light.

As I continue to write online, I have come to see that I am trying to find my light. I was watching a movie today and that was the "theme" for the movie, to find the light. It got me wondering about my own light. What it is for, because we all have a light. It is just a matter of how we chose to use it, how we learn from it. I believe that our God, Jesus Christ gave us our light, and meant for it to serve a specific purpose. All of us have our own purpose, but also the same. We are to serve our God, to do what is right and just. I haven't been very good at this yet. That does not mean that I am doomed to hell for not using my light the way it was meant to. I know that my God, who is faithful and true, will give me time to "get it right".

I have had so many chances to enlighten myself, but have not taken advantage of any of them. Why do we go through life with the attitude that we can do it, meaning life, alone? We have a God for a reason, and we need to be leaning on him, praising him in every aspect of our life. Lift up praise to him when we are doing right, and doing wrong. We need to remember that He has a plan and purpose for us, and we need to seek him for guidance in order to find it. And then, accomplish it.

I plan on aspiring to bigger and better things for myself. I am trying to come into the woman that God intends for me to be. The wife and mother that I was made to be, the steward that I need to be. I am praying that he guide me along my path and speak to me when I need encouragement to stay on it. I pray that I do not falter. Everyday, each one of us has our trials and we need to encourage each other too. We need to lean on each other, and to pray for one another. I am blessed to have friends that listen to my trials and help me to see that they are there and happening for a reason. Thank you to all that help me. I am truly thankful to have you in my life.

On other news, My husband has found another job. He was offered a job in Savannah, so we are staying in this area. He feels like it was God calling him to stay here. Seeing as the job offer came so quickly and also offered more money than what he was making. In this economy, that was a huge blessing. So for now, we are content that God made this decision for a reason. We are praying that he lead us to the home we are supposed to be in. We have been living with my parents since April of this year and feel like it is time for us to move out. We just need God's guidance in where that should be, and also if it is His will for us to move out yet. So, as we continue to pray about these things, we also pray for our personal relationships with our Savior.

Thanks for reading, and hope that you will come back again soon. I promise to add things that will not only be about our religion, but also about being a stay at home mother, and wife, clearance shopping and coupon shopper. I love to bake, so recipes will be added too. I am trying to learn how to sew, so maybe some postings on what I am sewing. Also, trying to learn how to upload pictures to my postings, so bear with me. Feel free to add me to your favorites, or follow my blog. I love helping when I am led to do so.

I look forward to posting again. Maybe even another one today, if I can figure out the picture thing.

Jamie

No comments: